IPTV Seminar draws international audience
TNO’s first IPTV Seminar, subtitled “Beyond the Set Top Box“, drew over 120 digital media professionals from across the world. The Seminar sought to answer business and technical questions surrounding the delivery of IP Television services directly to the TV set, without a separate box. This topic is very relevant for triple play telecom operators seeking to cut their cost.
The two days of talks and discussions were highly appreciated by the participants, who noted that the program touched upon all the right issues at the cutting edge of the developments.
The IPTV seminar has provided useful, in depth information and informed analysis. Participants learned about the operator’s IPTV practices and their requirements and the evolution of smart TVs; the progress in managed and over the top video delivery; and developments in standards. The various options for STB-less IPTV has been discussed amongst experts: smart cards, HDMI sticks, Smart TV Apps. Lessons learned were shown from a standards-based proof of concept that TNO has realized together with a dozen leading industry partners.
Report of IPTV Seminar 2013: IPTV Seminar, Beyond the Set Top Box, 6-7 November 2013
Program: IPTV Seminar Program
Highlights from last year’s program
- The case for STB-Less IPTV (Alternatives for IPTV, Managing IPTV in a multi-screen world)
- The increasing role of the Network and Platform (Monitoring and quality assurance ‘beyond the STB)
- Increasing role of the consumer electronics (Can Smart TV apps replace the STB?)
- Increasing role of the standards (A standard-based solution for IPTV)
- Future outlook and panel discussions
- and much more…
Sponsors of IPTV Seminar 2013:
IPTV Seminar 2013 was sponsored by : Active Video Networks, Agama Technologies, Cisco, Edgeware, RGB Networks, SmarDTV